KAT

KAT
...a blog about the borough-wide forum

Obeying the rules...

I was at a 57 bus stop (direction Kingston), yesterday, when I became pleasantly surprised, witnessing passengers playing by the rules!
A bus arrived at the stop that I was at. No warning by the driver, so I began to position myself to board. The bus stops, the boarding ramp ejects from the side. I am ready.
Hold on, there are two buggies using the 'wheelchair' section. Damn! No room.
But both owners of both buggies are repositioning on the bus, to give me room! Yahoo!
Finally! This is a momentous occasion! For the first time (in about 7 years of wheelchair use), I witness the general public obeying TFL ideas re. wheelchair spaces on buses. I accept the offer with glee!
Hmm... Is public awareness improving? 
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment